I love rhubarb but often struggle for ideas of what to do with it so when I came across this savory dish by Simon Rimmer on Sunday Brunch I couldn’t wait to give it a try…
- Season the duck with salt and pepper, then place in a cold pan, skin side down.
- Turn the heat to medium and cook on the skin side for about 6 minutes, tipping away the fat as it cooks.
- Flip the meat over, then cook for another 4-6 minutes. Rest the meat for 5 minutes on kitchen paper.
- Melt half the butter in a frying pan and gently fry the shallots for 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the rhubarb, ginger, sugar and sherry and cook for about 12 minutes.
- Briefly cook the spinach in a pan with the remaining butter and grated nutmeg until wilted.
- Serve the duck with the rhubarb sauce and wilted spinach.”