8oz caster sugar
7oz self raising flour
1oz cocoa powder
2 drops vanilla extract
Splash of aired water
Strawberry or raspberry jam
20 oz icing sugar
10 oz butter
Splash of milk
1 drop vanilla extract
Family sized bar of Galaxy chocolate melted over a bain Marie
1. Beat together the marg, sugar and vanilla extract
2. Whisk the eggs then add to the above mixture
3. Sift together the flour and cocoa power and fold in to the cake mix
4. Add enough of the aired water to make a loose batter
5. Pour/spoon the mixture into two sandwich tins and bake at 180 degrees C for 20-30 minutes until bouncy to the touch.
6. Allow the cakes to cool completely
7. Make the buttercream by beating together the icing sugar and butter, adding a dash of milk if needed to achieve a spreadable consistency.
8. Fill the cake with a generous spread of jam, followed by the buttercream.
9. Top the cake with the melted chocolate
I made this cake for my sister’s birthday and, as it was also Easter, topped it with lots of Mini Eggs, an egg-cellent variation!